1. What are your nicknames? What do you prefer to be called?
– My childhood nicknames were Fi, Jopet and Jops.
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
– I bought Chuck Palahniuk’s “Damned” but I cant find the time to read it because I am finishing all my requirements for graduation.
3. How often do you doodle? What do your doodles look like?
– I dont do it as much as I did before. It’s just a bunch of ugly half assed calligraphy and stick figures.
4. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
– I read. Or just stare at the ceiling
5. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
– Being alone doesnt bother me that much, I mostly prefer my own company. I’m introverted so I think I’ll last very long.
6. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
– Yes I do keep them. I’m a very sentimental person even if I dont seem like one.
7. Who is the biggest pack rat you know?
– My grandmother.
8. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
– Like I said I am introverted, so I usually look for someone I know. I dont like being the center of attention.
9. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
– Sense of hearing, because I’m very good at listening (and eavesdropping haha) it might be because I dont talk too much. If I had to lose one, maybe my sense of smell so that I dont have to get migraines everytime someone smokes a cig in front/near me and so that I dont have to pretend like I dont smell something foul whenever I sit by someone who has b.o on the bus.
10. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
– maybe thrice? I’m not sure. I said thrice because I look at my face when I get up in the morning, after brushing my teeth at noon and before I sleep.
11. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
– I believed that one day Peter Pan will come to my room if I tell my brother stories about him, just like what Wendy Darling did. Little did I know that he’s a spirit who comes for the souls of dead children, (thus: No one grows old in NEVERLAND).
12. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
– I have an unhealthy obsession with Kdramas starring Lee Min Ho. I dont care even if it comes off as cheesy, he’s just so pretty damn it!
13. Who performs the most random acts of kindness out of everyone you know?
– my bestfriend Mich. She can sometimes be a bitch but she can never say no to old beggars and small children.
14. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
– I dont actually. I read the news online.
15. Which animals scare you most? Why?
– Birds. I was chased by a Turkey when I was little.
16. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
– Avoid. Dont get me wrong, I like the type of confrontation where I can spit out knowledge at my opponent and make her feel like she’s the dumbest person on Earth. But if it’s just about shallow things, then I’ll pass. Drama is never a good thing.
17. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
– Someone told me that I am well spoken and witty. For an introvert that means a lot.
18. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
– My habit of procrastinating.
19. Are you a creature of habit? Explain.
– Yes. Because there’s comfort in it you know? being able to know what to do next and what will be the result of it. Changes terrify me.
20. Are you high maintenance? Explain
– Not really. Mostly because I dont really care about most things, like the way I look, what brand of clothes I’m wearing, or what people think about me. I go with the flow.
21. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
– First week of my ojt at NAIA T3, most passengers were rude and stubborn and I stuttered and had multiple panic attack scares. But I still had to go on with it because I was assigned at the counter.
22. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends? Why?
– Both. Even if I am introverted, I do get along with most people but I only have 3 very close friends who I am comfortable enough to tell my secrets and problems to. I dont trust people easily you know.
23. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
– The latter.
24. What’s a strange occurrence you’ve experienced but have never (or rarely) shared with anyone?
– I had a stalker once when I was in Freshman year college, every Saturday after our NSTP class I can feel him following me and I even saw his phone once when we were riding the jeep, I was his wallpaper. It was actually just the back of my head but I know it was me because of the bag pack that had Buttercup from the Powerpuff Girls keychain.
25. What do you think about more than anything else?
– What will happen to me after I graduate. What job will I have, if I will ever achieve my goals, what my purpose in life is and why is there something instead of nothing?
26. What’s something that amazes you?
– the power of the internet.
27. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words? Why?
– I like honest people. Because two faced people are the worst, the way they present themselves to you is different from how they perceive you as a person.
28. Where’s your favorite place to take an out-of-town guest?
– The beach. I like sunsets, everyone does. And the feeling of warm sand between my toes is nice.
29. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself? Why?
– Clean my room. Because I dont see the point in making my bed, Im gonna sleep on it again, and the point of making everything spic and span NO ONE IS GOING TO SEE IT ANYWAY.
30. Do you have a catchphrase?
– “Do it now, cry about it later” and “Dont Cry, Craft” (I am Phan thrash numero uno)
31. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs? What conditions cause you to dislike or, conversely, enjoy talking about them?
– I dont mind it really because everyone is free to believe whatever they want. I just hate it when people force it on me though, or goes to the extreme and shames me into joining/agreeing to whatever they are saying. When they dont get easily offended, because it allows me to ask edgy questions without being told that I will be burned in hell forever.
32. How and where do you prefer to study?
– In my room with my noise cancelling headphones on, while playing gentle rain on a loop (helps me concentrate).
33. What position do you sleep in?
– On my side hugging a pillow.
34. What’s your all-time favorite town or city? Why?
– Tayabas City. Because I spent most of my childhood there, I feel more at ease.
35. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
– sense of humor, open mindedness and wit.
36. How has your birth order/ characteristics of siblings affected?
– I am the eldest of three. My brothers are terrified of me, I am their boss.
37. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
38. If you could restore one broken relationship, which would it be?
– My relationship with my highschool bestfriend, we drifted apart when we got to College.
39. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
– Arabella, so that I’ll feel special whenever I hear it play on the radio/tv.
40. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
– Not really. I like to be aware of whatever people are talking about and I like learning, I like to be well-informed so that I dont get left behind during intelligent conversations.
41. What do you consider unforgivable?
– Cheating on someone you love, racism, hating someone for their sexual orientation and the list goes on.
42. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
– Not entirely. I still cringe at lots of things and I still replay those moments over and over in my head just to find ways on how I couldve done it better.
43. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
– on a scale of 1-10? i’d say 9. I have a massive ego mate.
44. Do you hold any convictions that you would be willing to die for?
– who doesnt? I am a pretty loyal person. I’d be willing to die for the people I love.
45. To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
– I have trust issues. Probably because I trusted the wrong people in the past and they betrayed me, I was young and naive then. But now, it will take me over a year to fully trust someone and that has been good so far.
46. In what area of your life are you immature?
– On the people I love. Especially on my lover, I am possessive and I get jealous quite easily.
47. What was the best news you ever received?
– Probably that time when our thesis got approved and had the note “For printing/hard bound” by our professor.
48. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
– I dont really find it hard because I know that it might hurt the person, but I also know that telling them the truth is better than telling them something that will just fuck them up in the long run.
49. When did you immediately click with someone you just met? Why? What was the long term result? Conversely, are you close with anyone now that you really disliked at first?
– I always get along with people. Because I am very good at reading them and I am confident to say that I am humorous enough to get people to like me. Yes, I did some quick judgement before I even had a conversation with the person and when I did I felt so bad for hating them for no apparent reason before.
50. When do you find yourself singing?
– in the shower, in my room, whenever I am by myself.